About this Blog

The Curmudgeon's Office blog is a spin off from my personal blog, Too Young To Be A Curmudgeon, which is full of random rants and thoughts I have on a whole host of topics. In an effort to be more organized, and also to attract a specific niche of followers, I decided to start a separate blog for my professional postings. At this blog, I'll post my tips, rants, and random thoughts on a host of professional topics from setting up a home office & office gadgets to 5S practices & time management.



Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Portable Speaker

If you were told that you could listen to the radio at a reasonable volume from nine to eleven, while you update your TPS reports with the new cover letter; you might like one of these.

It's a portable speaker with no wires or cords. You can sync it with your MP3 player, smartphone, tablet, or iThingy via Bluetooth. This model has a built in rechargeable battery that last about 4 hours and the Bluetooth range is about 30 feet or so. It also has volume, play/pause and skip buttons on it for easy control.

I gave it it's trail run today and was quite pleased. With it being wireless, I was able to move it around my work space whenever without unplugging or moving cables around an obstacle. Sound quality was decent enough for the office. 

I like to listen to a few podcasts in the early morning before the rest of the office comes in. Having music in the background during the afternoons helps me to stay focused. If your the same way and get annoyed with extra cords, a portable speaker like this would make a nice addition to your office gadgets.


No comments:

Post a Comment