About this Blog

The Curmudgeon's Office blog is a spin off from my personal blog, Too Young To Be A Curmudgeon, which is full of random rants and thoughts I have on a whole host of topics. In an effort to be more organized, and also to attract a specific niche of followers, I decided to start a separate blog for my professional postings. At this blog, I'll post my tips, rants, and random thoughts on a host of professional topics from setting up a home office & office gadgets to 5S practices & time management.



Friday, May 31, 2013

Hiatus is Over! Back to Blogging and Being a Twit on Twitter

The three people who read this may have noticed I'm back to being active on this blog. The past few months got to be a little hectic for me and this got pushed to the side. Life has seemed to get back to normal for me and I'm trying to improve my schedule to allow more time to work on this.

The past few weeks I have been jotting down some ideas for posts and improvements to the site in general. Then some weird coincidences happened this last weekend.

Friday I met a good friend of mine who was in town visiting. She does the blogging social media branding marketing type thing for a living. She mentioned that she hasn't seen anything new from me and suggested I get back into it because she thought it was pretty good. I took that with a grain of salt because we were drinking a beer at a local establishment and she know I cry easy when my feelings are hurt. But then the next I ran into another friend who asked about this. So, I figure I better get back at it.

I paid attention to my social media guru friend's advice and I'm going to follow her suggestions before I forget them. One of her suggestions is to have a Twitter account to accompany this blog. So tonight, after trying to log into the Twitter account I haven't used in years, I created a new one.

Follow me @shane_lien if you're into that. My personal goal is to have 500 followers by the end of June 2013. Please help me meet my goal.

More posts are in the works, along with some improvements to the look and function of this site. topics will include having a paperless office, time management, dealing with difficult co-workers, among other office related things. Thanks for taking the time to check this out.

No comments:

Post a Comment