About this Blog

The Curmudgeon's Office blog is a spin off from my personal blog, Too Young To Be A Curmudgeon, which is full of random rants and thoughts I have on a whole host of topics. In an effort to be more organized, and also to attract a specific niche of followers, I decided to start a separate blog for my professional postings. At this blog, I'll post my tips, rants, and random thoughts on a host of professional topics from setting up a home office & office gadgets to 5S practices & time management.



Thursday, June 13, 2013

Breathe Mints to the Rescue... of a Cluttered Desk.

The Curiously Strong Office Organizer 


I like to keep things simple and organized. Reduced clutter and reduced waste means increased efficiency. I also don’t like to let things go to waste, which kind of goes hand in hand. The below picture is of a good example of reducing clutter and reusing an item at the same time.

I usually have a tin of breath mints in my office desk drawer and in my office backpack. They help keep me from snacking (grazing is more like it) all day and I don’t want to be caught with coffee breathe during a surprise meeting.
Besides being “curiously strong” and great tasting, my preferred brand of mint is my preferred brand of mint because of it’s packaging. They come is awesome crush proof tins that if you don’t recycle, can be uses to store and organize small items.
I use them to organize my desk drawers, office back pack and other area prone to clutter. Putting small office items, like rubber bands and paper clips in them and marking them  can really help keep things in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment