About this Blog

The Curmudgeon's Office blog is a spin off from my personal blog, Too Young To Be A Curmudgeon, which is full of random rants and thoughts I have on a whole host of topics. In an effort to be more organized, and also to attract a specific niche of followers, I decided to start a separate blog for my professional postings. At this blog, I'll post my tips, rants, and random thoughts on a host of professional topics from setting up a home office & office gadgets to 5S practices & time management.



Saturday, January 18, 2014

The Value of NFL Players, CEOs and Fast Food Workers



I'm a huge fan of Dave Ramsey. Reading his books, listing to his podcast, and more importantly, following his advice has greatly improved my finical situation and has improved me professionally as well. In the above video shares my views on how people are paid far better than I can.

In this day of "everybody wins and gets a trophy" attitude, more people need to listen to this wisdom. Instead of demanding to get paid more, we need to find ways to bring more pay in. We should never settle for good enough, but always strive for better. The best way to do that is to focus on what you have control to improve. Yourself.

 Here are links to Amazon for two of Dave Ramsey's books that I have read and re-read many times. Both have helped me out immensely.

The Total Money Makeover: Classic Edition: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness is a must read for anyone who wants to get their finances under control. It is surprisingly easy to live debt free once you see how easy it is to live without the trappings we've accepted as normal.

EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches is a must read for any professional or entrepreneur. Whether you run your own business, want to start your own business or succeed farther in your profession.

No comments:

Post a Comment